Sunday, August 7, 2011

Holy Empty Hardrive

Each year, I make a photo book for Mimi on my Iphoto account, exquisitely detailing all the events and adorable moments of her year.  As we have just passed Year 2, I have finished Mimi's book (all 100 pages) and sent it off for printing and binding.  My poor hardrive looks forward to this day.  After the book is printed I archive the libraries of photos onto dvd disks and pack them away safely.  Then, I'm able to clean them off my hardrive and let my poor computer breath a little easier.  30 gigs easier to be exact.  One year of Mimi's life in photos amounts to 30 gigs of memory.  Wow.  Considering my dear macbook only has 100 gigs total and is loaded with applications as well, you can see why little cookie (that's my macbook's name) looks forward to this.  

I feel like I have a new computer. EVERYTHING runs faster.  This Macbook has been my sidekick now for 5 years I think.  It has lasted unbelievably well with no real issues and one optional software upgrade.  If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and buy yourself a Mac computer.  Unless of course you're a mac hater, in which case you can't read my blog anymore.

Kidding.

But seriously, buy one. You'll love it.


2 comments:

Meghann (Bringing up Bumble) said...

can i hire you to get my pictures/videos in some kind of order?!? you make it sound easy. i can't' use my desktop mac anymore because it's filled to the brim with videos. i bought an external hard drive, but if i move the videos over, they don't function via imovie anymore. am i making sense?
anyway, i admire you! i haven't printed a single picture of carter. i'm def relying too heavily on the strings that hold together the internet

Meghann (Bringing up Bumble) said...

love your new banner! wow, do i ever feel like your #1 blog stalker. wait. i stalk your videos too :)