Friday, October 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Pie Virgin















Not only had I not ever baked a sweet potato pie, I had never even tasted one. With the abundance of sweet potatoes filling up our CSA box this past month, I couldn't resist but lose my sweet potato pie virginity.  That just sounds weird, but you get it....

I just googled a good recipe that I had all the ingredients on hand for (obviously other than the sweet potatoes) and went to town.  Here's the recipe I used.  I made some modifications.  I used a little over a lb of sweet potatos, used 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white instead of 1 cup white, I also added two tablespoons of lemon juice and one tablespoon of flour.  I also cheated and used a premade crust because I am way too lazy these days to make my own crusts.  Those days I fear are long gone after having kids.....

Overall I found the recipe pretty easy to follow and it came out fine even for a newbie to this recipe.  I definitely enjoyed the piece I had the next day more after it had chilled overnight.


We all loved it, complete with homemade whipped cream of course.  I had to pawn off the rest to unsuspected friends and passers by to avoid eating it all myself.  Mimi of course loved it, as expected.

if your wondering about the hat, she chose this for herself, very stylish right?

No comments: