Saturday, October 8, 2011

Painting her Pumpkin

I let Mimi pick out a pumpkin last week at the farmer's market and have been promising her all week she could paint it. Thursday was a doozy of a day.  I took  her to dance class, then we met our friend at the park, then home for lunch and nap. The nap part never occurred.  I HATE no nap days.  It doesn't happen all the time, but this was one of those days.  After struggling to get my little munchin to sleep for 2 hours I threw in the towel and prepped for the painting of the pumpkin.

She was beyond herself with excitement.  I put her smock on her and set up a plate with some washable fingerpaints of all sorts of colors.  I armed Mimi with a brush and we sat out on our front stoop and painted that poor pumpkin. lol

Here is the footage for your viewing enjoyment.







Today was a special treat, as my husband got a "free" day off.  He'd worked 60 hours weeks the last 2 weeks so his team got a comp day.  We took the train dowtown and went to the children's museum and had a nice lunch at Frank's.  When we got home we all took a 3 hour nap, I LOVE family nap days!  Now we're all snuggled in for a Friday night that feels like a Saturday night.  We have some apple cider in the fridge, our macintosh yankee candle is lit, the AC is finally off, and we are ready for fall!

I thought tomorrow was my 5K, but it's actually Sunday, lol.  So I'll be running Sunday morning even though my asthma is killing me with this cold from Mimi.  Wish me luck.  

What have you been doing to gear up for fall?

No comments: