Monday, October 10, 2011

Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Photos

October feels more like fall then September did.  Last week I put a post about heading to Elgin for the fall festival at the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm.  Over the weekend it POURED rain here in Austin, so all the moms bailed on me because they were worried about mud.  THEY MISSED OUT.

We headed out there today on a beautiful cool overcast day.  They had all sorts of areas set up for photos, hayrides, train rides, pumpkin painting, face painting, playground equipment, corn mazes, and a petting zoo.

It was kind of fun that it was just me and Mimi.  It was like we were on a "mommy and me" adventure.  It was about a 45 minute drive out there, but we waited until after 10 to leave so traffic was not an issue.  

The farm kind of reminded me of fall in upstate NY where I grew up.   Because we had so much rain and clouds, it's been so cool here in Austin.  Mimi wore her lil' pumpkin shirt and brown cords.  It was fun to dress her in some "fall" clothes.   I on the other hand am glad I was not photographed.   Woke up this morning in a HORRID mood, so I threw on jeans and sneakers and a t-shirt and though who cares.  

Now we're home and Mimi is asleep and I'm going to take a long bath and clean up before dinner. Here are some photos from our day.




No comments: