Monday, September 15, 2008

Total Get Fit Challenge Begins...

Hello all,

I survived the hangover, Monday came and went. Today was busy. I met my friend Kim for coffee on campus this morning and chatted about the party Saturday. We were laughing at how crazy everyone was. F picked me up after class and I halled ass to the gym to make it to my new class on time.

I used to train with the worlds most supportive and peppy trainer. From the outside she looks like a peppy cheerleader type that I woudnt' like (see photo), but when I started training with her in January, I instantly fell in love with here electric personality. I began to look forward to letting her whip my butt into shape twice a week. Sadly, she had to go back to school fulltime and doesn't train one on one anymore. I thought about getting another trainer, but I diddn't want to have to get to know someone all over again, and build another relationship with a new trainer. It just wouldn't be the same. So now she teaches a group training class called the "Total Get Fit Challenge!" Very exciting title. Today was "test" day. We were all measured and weighed and then assesses on several fitness tests, like the number of pushups you can do in one minute, how fast you can run 1/4 mile, number of squat jumps in a minute etc. The idea is they kick your butt for 6 weeks, then you test and do all your measurments again. I have to miss 5 classes for the wedding/honeymoon but I thought it would be worth it. I'll have to keep you posted. I have a friend in the class too, so it's nice to see a familiar face. I was surprised though how freindly everyone was. It's all an women class, with two women trainers. There is about 15-20 people with ladies from all fitness levels. We'll see how it goes.

After the class I made dinner and played an hour of tennis with Ryan. I actually almost kicked his ass! Unfortunately, they shut the lights off before we finished our game :-( Let me tell you one thing though, the most comfortable tennis clothes i've ever played in (having played for 9 years) are these running skirts:

I got mine from http://www.runningskirts.com/
I don't know if they sell these exact ones in stores, but they are awesome. I run in it, play tennis it, wear it to the grocerie store on Sundays, etc. They're a bit pricey for grad student funding, but well worth the money!!!! I got mine onsale for $35 I think. Obviously the above pic is not of my legs or I wouldn't have to do the Total Get Fit Challenge! LOL

3 weeks until the wedding! Lots of stuff to do!

No comments: