Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Perking Up

Was having a bad day this morning. I went running after I dropped F off at the bus stop and I think perhaps I should have waited until later in the day. About 1.5 miles into my run, I started to feel sick and had to quit early. I hate when this happens. It's not likely I'll have the time or energy later to work out again later today. With only 3.5 weeks until the wedding, I need to really buckle down on my weightloss. Below are some pictures of me in October of last year (2007) and in July of this year (2008).
I've been doing really well watching my calorie intake and keeping it at or below 1800 a day. I could however lower my fat intake. Since January I have lost 22 lbs and successfully kept it off. Some people may say well that's only 3/4 of a pound a week. But, the difference is for the first time in a long time, I've lost the weight, kept it off, and have a healthier lifestyle. I'm not on a diet. I just changed my eating and activity habits. I worked with a great trainer at my gym from January until August, but alas she had to go back to school fulltime and I'm on my own again. I am signing up for a class at the gym that is supposed to be "boot camp like" where it's running and pushups and things of that sort. So hopefully that will keep me motivated and keep challenging me to work harder.

I wish I could just lose one more size before the wedding. There are so many nice outfits I would love to take on my honyemoon with me that stare me in the face when I open my closet.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: