Saturday, December 10, 2011

Family Fun

It's only Saturday night but I've had such a fun weekend already!  Friday night when my husband got home from work we went to PTerry's and got burger's and fries (mmmmmm).  I don't eat a lot of meat, but every once in awhile I WANT A CHEESEBURGER.  Luckily, the entire family was up for it.  PTerry's had the coolest little sandbox on the patio, so Mimi ate half of her burger, which is great for a 2 year-old, and went off to play.  My husband and I actually got to eat in peace and talk to each other, CRAZY right!?  After dinner we didn't feel like going home so we went to an arcade.  When my husband first told me about the place last week I was thinking hmmm maybe this place isnt' really for kids.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was clean and full of games that were great for Mimi like skeet ball and Whack a Mole, etc.  We got $10 in tokens and let Mimi direct us to the games she liked.  We had such a ball.  We all laughed and played for an hour or so.  Mimi even cashed in her tickets for prizes on the way out.

This morning my husband let me sleep in for about 30 extra blissful minutes.  I know what you're thinking, "geesh, your husband could have let you sleep longer!" I know right?!  If you knew my husband you'd agree with me that 30 minutes extra is awesome.   We had a great breakfast and I went to a craft show with my friend Bea for awhile.  When I got home we headed out to Zilker Park for a few hours for some outdoor exercise.  Mimi climbed the big rocks, our dog played and ran, we hiked the trail, we fed a swan some pirate's booty.....We stopped at a pretty cool coffee shop in SoCo afterwards and had lunch and coffee.

When we got home Mimi napped for 3 hours while I labelled Christmas cards and my husband rode his bike to the barber shop and got a haircut.  Later we shopped for beer and drinks for the Karaoke party tomorrow night.  I'm not going to lie, I really like Karaoke.  This is one of those private places where you rent a room with your friends so you only humiliate yourself in front of people who already think you're crazy.  I'm pumped.  The night will be complete with Cupcakes from Hey Cupcake! MMMMMM I can taste their blissful sweetness already.....

It's not even my birthday yet (well not for 2 more hours!) and I feel like I've had the best celebrations with my loved ones all weekend!

Here's some IPhone photos from today...



No comments: