Sunday, March 28, 2010

Avoiding Weekend Weightgain


Hey Ladies,

I hate when I work hard all week to watch my calories and stay active to only sabotage myself on the weekends. On the weekends I tend to exercise less due to busy social-type events, compounded with the fact that most social events include food or drinks! I know the answer is obvious--don't overeat on the weekends--sometimes it's hard though! I gained a lb between Friday morning's weigh-in and this morning's.....so my friend and I took a 5.6 mile walk--pretty good for us--we normally do 3.3 miles. Today I ate sensibly, so I hope by tomorrow morning I'm back to 204 (or 203.8 which I was at the end of last week).

I have to say though, other than the extra pound I packed on, I had a great weekend with my family. Saturday we went to our friend's lakehouse for brunch. It was beautiful and sunny and Mimi behaved herself so well--she only mildly attacked their cat and knocked over some books on a coffee table. We sat our on their dock for awhile in the warm sunshine. Having grown up on a lake and being a Limnologist I would love to live on a lake someday--too bad the property taxes would keep me from it--atleast here in FL! Saturday night I went to my friend's Lesbian Variety show--very interesting experience, it was your basic variety show where the proceeds went to charity, except my two friends and I were the only 3 straight women in the auditorium--they actually shined a spotlight on us, lol. What a great community of people though--they seem to all support each other and have a lot of fun. After the variety show I went to my friend's birthday party---she's a 24 year-0ld college kid with a lot of 21 and 22 year-old friends, so all of in our normal 28 year-old group felt a little old surrounded by beer pong and jello shots (don't get me wrong--I am damn good at beer pong--and flip cup for that matter), but we all had a good time regardless--

Today we've just hung out and done chores and errands--nice relaxing stuff.

This week I am barring myself from youtube, facebook, blogger and twitter. I think I've been using it all as a distraction from work I have to get done. When I have an hour at night when Mimi's asleep I've been watching videos (and making them) instead of taking that extra bit of time to work on my dissertation. I know non-work distractions are healthy and normal, but I really need to buckle down and get the first chapter of my disseration written and submitted to a journal.

My goals this week are to:
1. Finish the first paper of my thesis to give to my advisor to review
2. Go to the gym ATLEAST twice for some higher level cardio and weights
3. Walk 5 days a week or a total of 15 miles this week.
4. Take a break from the online mom community (even though I love you guys!) to get reconnected with my work

I hope you all have a great week. I'll miss your videos, tweets, and random photos (Jess Craig :-))

~Jen

1 comment:

Olya said...

OMG!!! you are totally welcome!!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!!!
Olya