Monday, December 27, 2010

Exercise Fail!

Blah! I'm so pissed at myself.  Over the holiday break, not only did I eat chocolate and large dinners like it was my job, but I kept trying to "fit in" my runs in between parties, and celebrating and church and visiting.....EXERCISE FAIL!  I only ran twice in the last week or more.  Pathetic.  I was running 3-4 miles 4-5 times weekly.  And tonight you ask? I went to the gym and really only ran about 1.5 miles before I got tired and gave up and went home.  Was it because it was 11pm and normallyI'm in bed at them time? Was it that I hadn't exercised in days? Was it because I was hot because I wore a long-sleeved shirt? Who the F knows.  I am hovering around 182 lbs, feeling flabby and blah and just really torqued at myself.

I came home from the gym and ate a pickle and resolved myself to not let this happen.  I LOVE my new smaller self, and sitting around lounging eating mint flavored hershey kisses and fancy Christmas treats while I lounge in sweat pants won't keep me at this size.

I think that over the last 6 months I've had goals and deadlines--like having to finish the 5K program and a run a 5K, doing the fastest 5K program and having to run a time trial at the end and show improvement.  What will be my next goal?  I think running a 10K, but who knows.  I also am really ready to do this raw thing.  My body is so messed up from being off at Christmas, including my sleep, food, exercise....I really want my old self back again.

No photos today.  Just my rant about falling off the wagon. Blah. Blah. Blah.

1 comment:

Meg Smith said...

Blech! I'm right there with you!!! Yay for a New Year and more weight loss soon!!!!!