Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthday Weekend Events

I'm 29! Woot Woot!  I gave my husband a few requests for my birthday, which I thought were all pretty reasonable....
Sleep in (YES! I got to sleep in until 10!)
Run (didn't do it until Sunday, but I did it! Did my last time trial!)
Get our tree and decorate it (Check and Check)
Have a nice family dinner (Check)

Saturday was very nice.  I slept in (as noted above), had a nice egg breakfast, and spent time with Mimi and Daddy.  My friend Grace took me to Panera for lunch where we both indulged in delicious chocolate pastries, soups and sandwiches.  We hit up Joann Fabics after and Fat Quarters were on sale for 99 cents! Woot Woot!
Franco and I went to a Christmas tree farm and picked out our tree.  It was really sweet watching Mimi run around the tree farm like a chicken with her head cut off.  It was sunny and 70! A perfect FL winter day!
I even let Mimi eat a candycane in the car.  She LOVED it, I'll deal with a little sticky mess in the name of letting my kid experience all that is Christmas!  I decorated the tree while Mimi napped and my husband cooked.  He made me delicious soup and tabbouleh and bought some eggnog icecream.  I seriously almost felt sick from all the eating out. My coworkers took me out to lunch on Friday, I grabbed veggie tacos with a friend for dinner that night, out to lunch saturday.......geesh. Too much food!











Above--Mimi leading Daddy out of the tree lot
Right--me stringing up lights
Below-Voila! Scraggly Xmas Tree!


Sunday was pretty nice too.  I had my annual Christmas cookie party, which I think I've done for 3 (maybe 4?) years now.  I get all the ladies together and ask them to bring a recipe and we trash my kitchen for a few hours and everyone takes home a few dozen cookies.  I was able to get my time trial 5K run in right before the party, which didn't make me feel as bad sampling the cookies!
So how am I feeling about the big 29? Well, I feel pretty good. I always told myself that if I was going to lose weight, I should do it before I'm out of my 20's so I can enjoy and be happy with my body for the rest of my youth!  Well I've almost made it!  I am 12 lbs from my weightloss goal and feeling great.  I officially can wear a size 12 from any store and medium size tops.  This has not happened since I was probably 13 years old. I know, kind of sad right?  It's kind of cool to have a December birthday, you can make birthday resolutions and new year's resolutions that go together!  I want to really get fit over this next year, if all goes as planned we'll be ttc this time next year!  That is going to be something to look forward to!

3 comments:

happystephanie6 said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a great one!

Kammy'sMama said...

happy birthday!! you are looking so great...its been nice to see your progress :) sounds like you had a great weekend too! and i think scragly christmas trees rock.

Unknown said...

Oh, I would have adored your Christmas cookie party! Loved this entry... =D