Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookies You'll actually eat....

Okay, if you've followed me for awhile, you know I'm a sugar/sweets/chocolate fiend.   BIG TIME.  I hide chocolate in my freezer and CRAVE it almost everyday.  My husband makes faces at me as I throw a couple of Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate Hazelnut bars in our car at Specs.....

Since going Paleo/Primal last December (going strong 3ish months!), i've missed cookies/cake related treats.  I've made many attempts at making "paleo" versions of these recipes, with little luck.   Today my friends, I have found a paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe I actually LOVE eating.

My friend Emily is a little bit of a recipe website fanatic (and also a paleo/primal eater), and keeps forwarding recipes to me she doesn't have time to try, or she's trying to sabotage my carb count for the day!  Today she linked me to this recipe from the Spunky Coconut.  I picked up a few odds and ends at Natural Grocer before dinner and WHAM, Mimi and I whipped up these babies.

My changes to her recipe:
I used 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, instead of 1/2 cup
I used a packet of stevia because I did not have vanilla liquid stevia
I used coconut sugar instead of honey (you can use either according to her)
I used coconut oil instead of Ghee
I used 1/2 cup of dark chips instead of 1/3, simply because the 1/3 cup was dirty and I am lazy lol.

I ate 3.  They were that good.

157 calories and 12 net carbs each

I would post a photo....but I already put them all away in a big 'ol pyrex container to keep me from shoving them in my mouth as I walk by the stove....

No comments: