Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Sans Papa

My husband has been in Austin since Thursday doing his interviews.  He aced Friday's (hey offered him that job!!!), but has two more interviews with two different companies.  So we know for sure now that we ARE MOVING TO AUSTIN!  So exciting.  We don't know when yet though.

I spent this weekend alone with Mimi.  It was such a relaxing weekend.  I made absolutely NO PLANS at all and just went with the flow Saturday and Sunday.  Mimi and I just ate when we wanted, and slept when we wanted and caught some play dates on the fly and just enjoyed the weekend.  We got some great time in at the park and stole some time in a bounce house left over from a party that was at the park, got some pizza and lemonade together and lounged around.  I love the pink lemonade from Scholtzsky's Deli, it's pure sugar and one of my guilty pleasures.  When I was pregnant I CRAVED that stuff liek mad.  Mimi and I shared one in the car and I said to Mimi "This lemonade is the best!" and then Mimi kept saying "Lem-nade Best!" over and over and it was friggin' adorable.  This stage in toddlerhood is so fun.




Today we lounged and cleaned most of the day sprinkled with a trip to the grocery store.  Mimi napped for 2 hours and I cleaned the car, did laundry, chatted with my mom, enjoyed a cold one outside by myself.....  When she woke up my friend Grace watched Mimi so I could get a quick run in (THANKS!!!!!).  I set out with my IPOD charged and decided to just run as far as I was comfortable.  I think I got in about 2 or so miles.  I hadn't run in a week.   As you know I've been having a lot of problems with my blood pressure, and even though it's under control now with medication, running isn't always comfortable and smooth.  I sometimes get pain in my chest, dizziness, numbness in my hands, etc.  I'm working with a cardiologist who said that it's safe to run, but the medications I am on are likely causing the dizziness and numbness.  To rule out any physical issues associated with the pain in my chest I'm having a stress test done next week, where they hook you up to treadmill and sensors and monitor you as you run.  So hopefully I'm just overmedicated as the cardiologist suggests, and she can readjust my meds back down and wean me back a little to so I can get back to my normal self.  Running is such a big part of my life, and I really want to get back to my normal self.  I also plan to run through my next pregnancy and would prefer to also be off these drugs before we try for baby #2.

I can't tell you how excited I a about our upcoming life change.  I am not really psyched to move my household, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time and do my best.

I'll have more new next week (hopefully)!

Right now I'm just soaking in Florida and our gorgeous weather!

No comments: