Thursday, October 28, 2010

Join Courtney's 10 Day Challenge



This is my friend Courtney--coolest chic west of the Mississippi--Courtney and I are alike in that we each struggle to lose weight.  When other stick figure moms pop our their kids and slide into their skinny jeans by their post partum visit, Courtney and I work our butts off  (literally) to shed each pound we've gained.  Courtney is a fan of group weight loss challenges.  I am not generally motivated by "group" activities such as these, but I AM motivated by SUPPORTING each other.  Your support through my blog, youtube, and my "IRL" friends, has helped me stay the course to becoming a healthier person that happens to be skinnier....I say that because I truly believe just being skinny is not healthy.  You can be a stick figure who eats fast food all day and never cooks a healthy meal to save their life, and that doesn't make you healthy!  Anyway, I digress...

Watch her above linked video, subscribe to her if you don't already (DUH), and try her challenge.  My understanding of the point to her challenge is self accountability.  By making a video everyday about the healthy choices she had made that day, helps her to be accountable for her eating and workout habits.  In turn, she posts them and gets feedback and support from the mom community.

I "accept her challenge" in that I will blog each day and tell you guys about the healthy choices I've made that day and hopefully a cool photo to make it less boring for my readers (who doesn't love photos!?).  I might make a video or two, if time permits.  I don't know how she finds the time to make the ones that she does!

I encourage all of my friends looking to lose weight to find what motivates you.  Is is a goal? Group support? a pair of jeans that are too small hanging on your closet door?  For me it is a goal.  I wanted to run a full 5K. I wanted to become a runner who could run 3 days a week for 30 or 40 minutes.  Because I'm such a goal-orientated person and I've achieved my goal, I set a new one, bring on a 10K!!  If you've followed me recently, you also know I am trying to get to 170lbs (my doc recommended goal weight) by Christmas--will I succeed? Keep following, reading, and commenting.  I LOVE your comments, even the bad comments (of which I've only ever gotten 1 or 2), let me know someone is out there reading.

Have a great day!

No comments: