Thursday, August 13, 2009

Packing up the Maternity Clothes






Photos--Me at 4 weeks, me at 40 weeks, and my beautiful fat baby :-)

Well today I cleaned out my closet and packed up all of my tent-like clothing that I loathed by the end of my pregnancy. I have 10 more lbs to lose until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, but all my pre-prego shirts now fit. Pants---HAHAHAHA, not quite yet, but hopefully in the next month or so I can squeeze my butt back into those. After I have my 6 week post partum apt. I will be signing back up for the Total Fitness Challenge at my gym with my old trainer Erin. I think I just have to be careful of abdominal exercises for awhile longer, other than that I think I'll be cleared to get my butt in shape again. You got to love when your husband says (3 weeks after you've just had his baby), "Oh, you're still wearing maternity pants?" HELLO, I gained 31 lbs and have lost 21 of them in 3 weeks, cut me some slack dear! He also told me my eyebrows look a little bushy, lol. In the 6 years I've dated him he has never noticed my eyebrows....ever....and believe me they've been in worse shape than this. I'll admit I really need to visit my friendly japanese waxing lady who always says "you want lip too?" even though i really don't feel as though I have any hair, let alone dark hair on my lip. When does he think I have time to go get my brows waxed? I haven't even been allowed to drive for the past 3 weeks. Technically I'm still not supposed to drive..I think.

So we took Mimi to her 3 week apt, she was 21 1/2 inches, 9lbs 4 oz, and her head was 37.5 cm. What's with our pediatrician mixing metric with standard? Kind of strange..anyway, she was in the 75th percentile for head and ht. and 50th for weight. Go Mimi, gaining 1 lbs 4 oz in the last 2 1/2 weeks. Guess we know you're eating well! I have to go back to work and school 1/2 time starting next week. My mom will be here the first week, then my husband will be taking two 1/2 days a week so I can go to work and class. We'll see how this all goes! Mimi has been sleeping for the last 4 hours, why can't she do that at night? This crazy lack of sleep is wearing on me! Again....she's worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow hun! How gorgeous is your little one! I love your blog!!!

JKL said...

Thanks Rach, I love your baby bump, mine was never "cute", I just kind of went from fat looking to HUGE. Keep posting on your nursery and such, I enjoy reading it.

Kammy'sMama said...

I've just started reading your blog and REALLY enjoy your sense of humor :) Your little girl is truly beautiful & I love her name! I loved reading this particular post because I thought I was reading something I had written myself (the part about your husband's comment on your "still wearing maternity jeans & noticing your eyebrows for the first time in 6 years." I thought I was the only one with a husband who made comments like that! I had a little girl back in November and I swear ever since I had her he notices things he would have never noticed lol. On a side note, the lady who used to wax my brows used to always ask me if I wanted my lip waxed & I am probably the least hairy person ever! I have never even spotted a hair on my lip...weird right? Anyway, thanks for posting...I love to read your blog & watch your videos :)