Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Acupuncture--will it work?


Hey guys, this Thursday is 39 weeks. I am exhausted and fed up being pregnant. Everyone keeps saying, be patient, the baby will come when it wants. I find this response irritating, especially from my husband, who sleeps just fine, enjoys his after work cocktails and isn't carrying 30 lbs of baby in front of him. Then there's all the well wishers calling everyday saying "have you had that baby yet?" This statement makes me want to scream. Do I sound like an annoyed pregnant lady?

So last night my friend Nicole did acupuncture on me to help "naturally induce labor" there are some spots in the inside of your shin, between your thumb and index finger, and around the next ears and face that are supposed to channel energy down through your uterus I guess and help labor move along. Well, it wasn't as scary as I thought having these tiny hairlike needles sticking out of me. It barely hurt and really relaxed me. A few hours later I had contractions every 5 minutes for an hour, which was really exciting. Then it just stopped. Then disappointment and frustration set in. Back to square one, being a ticking pregnant time bomb.

Well if i make it to this Friday I get an ultrasound before my apt, so atleast that will be fun. I think I have a cold or an ear infection. My throat is sore, my ear feels full and I am congested. Perhaps it didn't' help that I went on a cleaning frenzy this morning in the kitchen and hall closet. Nesting Nesting Nesting. It was the last closet that I hadn't emptied, cleaned and sterilized. We also got our stroller frame for the carseat last night. F and I were pretty impressed with the ease of assembly, operation, and the fact that it's small and lightweight. I highly recommend it, especially if you don't want to fork out the big bucks for an infant pram and you don't want one of those giant trunk filling travel systems. I'll post a picture later.

No comments: