Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gaining back my energy



Hey all,

Well I'm 3.5 months pregnant and I'm still a pound down from my start weight! I think I'm finally out of the woods as far as morning sickness goes. I seem to have a lot more energy lately too. I can make it through the day without naps and headaches, and I can brush my teeth everyday without gagging! So delightful. I'm really psyched about my weight. I have been getting about 2000 calories a day and working out 3 days a week and trying to get two three-mile walks in the other days.

Yesterday F said he's not too thrilled about maternity clothes. He says he's really happy we're having the baby, but he thinks I look frumpy all the time. I asked him if he thought he might be able to censor what he says, or perhaps think about my delicate feelings before he lets such things slip out. I have finally resigned myself to maternity pants. My regular pants are too tight by the end of the day and they push on my belly a little hard.

I finally had the balls to talk to my boss about my pregnancy on Friday. The last thing your phd advisor wants to hear from you is "i'm pregnant" when you're half way through your degree. When I told him I think he thought I was joking around at first. When he realized I was not, he said that he was happy for me but I would have to work really hard to get my degree done on time. Overall he seemed okay with it, and I felt a little more at ease after telling him. Now I don't really care who knows or who finds out, because I had the balls to tell him myself first! lol.

No comments: