Wednesday, January 7, 2009

12 Weeks Pregnant Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is my 12 week mark! Which doesn't mean too much because I don't go see my midwife until my 13th week. I did have an ultrasound at 7 weeks which showed a heartbeat of 135 bpm. I think that at this next appt. she'll use a doppler device to try to get a heartbeat. So my fingers are crossed until then. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong, but you never know, so many things can happen in your first 12 weeks.

Tomorrow is the UF championship game..GO GATORS! BEAT OKLAHOMA! I'm not really into football but when you live in a college town and your team is in the SEC championship, you can't help but get excited. F's friend is coming for a visit this week so I've just been tidying up the house a little.

I've been so tired this week. I feel like a zombie. I'll get up at 7:30/8am after having atleast 8 hours of sleep and all day I feel like I pulled an all-nighter. I actually left work the last two days at 3pm and came home and took a nap. If I don't take a nap, by 9pm I'm passed out on the couch or in bed. My gym class started back up again monday. I finally told my classmates about my pregnancy, they seemed really surprised and happy for me. They all kind of wondered why I would sign up to do the "Get Fit Challenge" again if I were pregnant. My midwife told me that as long as I had worked out before I was pregnant at this level, which I have since last feb, then it is perfectly fine to continue. It helps me so much to go to the class. It's 3 times a week for an hours and it's light weights and cardio and stretching. I think I'll do this class until I'm 5 months along then I will switch to a yoga or swim class. The class improves my mood and helps me sleep at night. Plus...I'm 3 months in and have only gained 0.8 lbs as of today! Which is great, because I'm technically overweight to begin with, so I'm only supposed to gain 10-15 lbs total. This is a good start.

Classes started back up, so I'm back to being busy again, F is taking another grad class too, so we're going to have a fun spring. We booked flights in March to see his family in Sacramento. Hopefully it will be a nice trip.

No comments: