Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home Again

After 3 1/2 weeks away from home, we are back.  We got back late Wednesday night, well technically Thursday morning as JetBlue lost our carseat so we had to wait around until 1am to get a loaner until they found ours the next day....anyway....

It feels AMAZING to be home.  Don't get me wrong, it felt right to take time to help my mom, I enjoyed the pleasant cool weather of upstate NY, but there's nothing like coming home.  Home to a place we only moved into a week before I left!

My husband of course lived like a bachelor while I was away. There was sausage and beer in the fridge, dingy sheets he was too lazy to change (gross) and we won't even talk about the bathrooms.  After two days of cleaning, we were back in business.

Friday we had Mimi's birthday party with her little friends at a local bounce house place and my dear friend Courtney drove up for the night and helped me out bigtime.  The party was a success, despite rude people who RSVPed "not attending" the morning of (how horribly inconsiderate).  I was a little frazzled, I even forgot my camera, but luckily Courtney had hers so the occasion will not be lost in Mimi's photobook this year!

We're all just relaxing this weekend after a month of being apart as a family.  My husband fixed Mimi's trike and my jog stroller, and I tidied the garage and we're all just bumming around in the AC now.  I have this crazy overwhelming urge to organize stuff....

Lord help me it is hot in Texas.  I dont' know if it makes me especially miserable because I just spent a month is cool Upstate NY, or because I'm 20 weeks pregnant and a human furnace.  Either way, I am crabby outside in this heat!

Pregnancy wise, I'm only up 3 lbs so far this pregnancy, but you wouldn't have guessed that by the belly! (see photo at left!) I'm feeling tired, but otherwise pretty good.  Monday morning I have my 20 week "big" anatomy scan, where we'll try not to find out with baby #2 is.  If it's a boy, I imagine in the hour long ultrasound, at some point he will show the goods and we might see...we'll see what  happens!

Alas, some photos of our trip for you...








1 comment:

Meg Smith said...

You look so cute as a pregnant lady!!! What is your due date? Are you going to find out the gender?! It looks like you had lots of fun on your vaca -- Mimi is looking so much older!!!! Is she excited to be a big sister!?