Saturday, August 18, 2012

Finished Year 3

The other night I finished Mimi's 3 year photo book.  I have used IPhoto each year to make hardbound photobooks for her to look back on (and me too) as she gets older.  I wished my parents had kept better photo books of me as a child, although I guess with most photography being digital, it is easier and less expensive these days to create photo books.

As I "flipped" through the pages (it's still in digital form), I shed a few tears.  Maybe hormones, maybe sadness as my "baby" has grown up so quickly.  I feel so blessed everyday that we chose for me to be a stay at home mom.  It's such a privilege to watch her grow everyday.  I never take it for granted.

Today Mimi and I unwrapped her old bouncer and infant carseat from plastic we sealed them in for "baby 2."  I watched her strap her baby dolls in the seats and my heart began to melt at the thought of her being a big sister in a few short months.

I'll leave you with a few photos from the end of her book...her third birthday party.







1 comment:

Jess Craig said...

so happy for mimi! i feel like i've watched her grow! i can't believe she's 3 already! and, i've been meaning to tell you, CONGRATULATIONS!