Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just a "normal" day....

Today we had to run errands all morning.  I never thought that getting stuff done with a toddler would be difficult.  I just never thought about it.  I thought as kids could walk on their own and communicate with you that they were just like "little people" that would follow you in and out of stores.  HA!  I get so frustrated sometimes dragging this 32 lb child into the grocery store and post office. Chasing her up the aisle, wrangling her into the cart.  She's not a bad kid, she's "just a two-year-old" my husband and I remind ourselves. I started to become a drive-through errand runner, picking up my prescriptions and banking all from the drivers seat.

Today I had to go to the insurance company's office to turn in my carseat and pick up my check for my new one that I bought.  Then we had to go to the bank and deposit some checks.  I told Mimi if she was well behaved and listened well all morning we would stop and get a donut.  Part of me thinks that she likes the act of buying the donut more than eating it. She hardly ever finishes her donut anyway.  I guess I'm trying to say that I bribe my child with food and I'm okay with that.  Anyway....

She was the best little girl ever all morning.  I let her pick out a donut and eat when we got home.  We sat outside on our patio and enjoyed our donut.  I just thought there was something so cute about her eating her donut with her whispy curls.  I couldn't resist snapping a few photos.

Well, we just got back from our 3 mile run and Mimi is passed out cold in her stroller parked in her bedroom! lol.  That's a first.  She must be tired. She never falls asleep in the stroller and hardly ever stays asleep once we get home.  She's pretty cozy in there, lol. I have the back of the seat reclined and the canopy down, she's a little bug snug in her B.O.B.

Well this mamma needs a shower!

No comments: