Friday, November 25, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Sluggishness

Man oh man, did I eat yesterday.  I drank carrot/apple juice most of the day in attempt to "save myself" for dinner.  We were actually pretty on top of things as far as food preparation goes.   We had brined the turkey overnight and baked the casseroles in the morning before the turkey went in.  My friend was bringing stuffing, wine, and pie.

We took our dog for a nice walk and then went for a family bike ride to a local park.  After Mimi's nap we attempted to look presentable for our feast.  We had two friends from our apartment complex join us for dinner around our tiny table.  We made the best of our unique kitchen setup and had a great dinner.

We even cleaned up before bed and had everything tucked away safely for the next day's leftover dinner.

I am thankful for so many things this year.  I am thankful for having loving family and friends (including my cyber ones).  I am thankful for food and home.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it).  I wish you all safe travels back to your homes if you travelled.






Are you ready for Christmas?

No comments: