Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



Well--Mimi's first Thanksgiving! What a crazy week it has been. My mom was visiting this week with her boyfriend. Add that to the fact that my husband's friend has been staying in our house for 2 months now--and remind yourself that our house is only 975 sq ft--and remember we have a 72 lb lab and oh don't forget the baby and all her associated baby STUFF! Yikes--it's been a little crazy.

We went to the natural history museum in town and wanted to see the butterfly rainforest but it was raining and we were told the butterflies would not be flying--we contented ourselves with walking around campus and seeing the other exhibits. We also took Mimi to the mall to sit on Santa's lap---what a ham she was smiling away. She even grabbed Santa's (real) beard! Poor santa, she has quite the grip.

Tonite we had an awesome dinner with all the usual fixins. I walked 3 miles with my friend earlier in the day to combat the extreme overeating I did! It was worth it. I haven't had that much to eat since I was 9 months pregnant!

I've had some other parenting woes on my mind. I've been applying for jobs lately and even though I haven't even gotten the interviews yet, I cry at the thought of putting Mimi a daycare 40 hours a week. Just typing this makes me want to cry. This is strange to me because I always knew I did not want to be a stay at home mom--even though it is a perfectly respectable job--I have been going to school (college) for 10 YEARS now (holy shit!), and thought I might like to use my Bachelors, Masters, and soon my Doctorate. But just the thought at actually having to be away from her all day everyday makes me scared and sad. I was playing on putting her in parttime daycare next semester until I find a full-time job. This would be a nice transition--hopefully that will work out.

Does anyone else ever get slightly jealous when someone else at your office has a newborn and your kid isn't the only infant around? This sounds so conceited, but this other phd student recently had a baby and I thought to myself---oh no, no one will care about Mimi anymore! I know this sounds so bad, i'm just being honest.

My other woe is how fast Mimi is growing up! She had her 4 month appointment and was 17lbs and 25 inches! She is the size of a 6 month old. She already wears 6 months clothes as well. She can roll from back to stomach and visa versa. She can't sit up unsupported, but loves to sit up and hold her own head up when you hold her. She hates to be held in the cradle position unless she's nursing or sleeping. She's not my little tiny baby anymore. This is why women keep having more babies! lol

She still is only getting breastmilk but the Dr. told me to gradually introduce solids ( i was surpriesed) because she doens't thrust her tongue out when you put a spoon in her mouth and she is drooling. I give her about a Tablespoon once a day or every other day at dinner time. The Dr. says it is not for nutrition, but for practice. She said it might also help her poop more regularly. It's messy but fun. I'll post pics.

I'm looking forward to christmas and all its associated fun events. I hope everyone is well.

No comments: