Tuesday, April 14, 2009

25 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant



Yikes has the time flown by. Junior is kicking like crazy these days. I had read somewhere you feel the most kicks between 24 and 28 weeks, because the baby is big enough for you to feel but still has room to tumble around in there. F and I were laying in bed Saturday morning before breakfast and jr. was kicking so hard F felt all of them. He was so happy to feel so many in a row. Pregnancy has been a not-so-fun experience, but little moments we get to share like that almost make it worth it. I'm sure it'll all be worth it when we see our little baby as well.

I had my glucose screen done this morning. Not as bad as the preggo ladies let on! It was like drinking watered down orange kool aid. I mean the fasting part stunk because i'm a HUGE breakfast person, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. They also retested my antibodies and my iron levels. Please let me pass the glucose test so I don't have to do the 3 hour one! I hate having blood drawn, it freaks me out. Yes i'm a big baby, we all have our things that freak us out though.

Another grad student at my department has "come out of the closet" about her pregnancy. She's about 8 weeks along due in November. I personally waited until I was 14 weeks to spill the beans at work, but to each their own. I gave her a bunch of pregnancy books I had already finished and told her she can complain to me anytime she wants. It'll be good to have anther phd student having a baby, that way I don't get the mommy student label all to myself.

Had my 25 week apt. last Thursday. I have gained a whopping 12 lbs! Geesh louise, I better watch the treats. I'm trying to keep my overall weight gain to 25 lbs and I have 14 weeks left! Better watch out. Grace comes back from her trip today, so we can get back to our walking. Anyway..back to the apt, my midwife was delivering a baby so I got to see a different one, which was fine. She was WAY more thorough then my midwife. She says I have bronchitis again and it's not normal to get it twice in 2 months, lol. She referred me to a pulmonologist. She also lectured me on choosing a birthing class. I explained to her my husband wasn't really into it and I was trying to get him to want to go, not just do it because I said so. We'll see if we do one or not. I might just do one myself.

Not much else going on, busy grading my students paper for the end of the semester. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments: