Monday, April 9, 2012

On to the next.....

Remember at Halloween I talked about how I "did the crap out of Halloween" and I was happy it was over? I kind of feel that way about Easter and spring celebrations in general. I'm relieved it is over and ready to move on lol.

Yesterday my husband volunteered us to go to Mass with one of his coworkers.  Usually I'm the one who nags my Christmas/Easter Catholic husband to go to Mass on his designated two days...this year I didn't have it in me to nag and actually looked forward to sipping coffee in my pajamas all morning on Easter. But alas, we rushed through breakfast and found dress clothes and trudged to one of the most crowded masses ever.  I knew it was going to be "standing room only" so I was pleasantly surprised that we this elderly lady found us this open seats way on the side of the church.  Luckily the church was really well air conditioned, because it was packed to the beams!  The choir was beautiful and the mass was a quick 45 minutes Hallelujah!  Wow I sound like such a crap Catholic right now, but seriously, show me one parent who enjoys taking a two-year-old to Mass!?

We survived without Franco giving me too many "control your daughter" looks.  Because the Mass was at 10:30 and not 11 am, we managed to beat the Easter Brunch crowds and we had a great breakfast at Kerby Lane.  Be still my heart, their food was delicious!


After Mass we hit the pool for a quick swim before nap.  After 2 hour naps we headed to a friend's house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt.  It was one of those get togethers where everyone just ate and chatted and relaxed.  We had such a great time and stayed until after 9pm!





When I got home it took me two hours, but I cleaned the heck out of my kitchen and bathrooms then watched Game of Thrones with my husband.  I slept amazing and am ready to start the week and be positive and productive all week!

Ps-Mimi's dress is from Gymboree and I LOVE it, thank god for the 40% discount....

No comments: