Monday, May 7, 2012

Trip to FL

A friendly message from a follower reminded me I haven't blogged in ages!  I'm sorry I've left you all hangin'!  Mimi and I went on a roadtrip to FL to tie up some loose ends. I presented my dissertation work at a conference, we re-leased our house, I met up with my advisor and edited a manuscript, and we visited with some great friends.

I think I could do an entire blog post about the do's and don'ts of taking a 17 hour roadtrip with your toddler....I don't want to relive it right now though lol.

I am so happy to be back in TX with my husband.  We have a busy two months ahead of us though.  We have decided to not renew our apt lease and to find a rental home instead.  This is stressful, as Austin has a 97% occupancy rate--rentals go fast and we're kind of picky now--we'll see how picky we get as time ticks away to our move-out date here at our apt.  Mimi is finishing the last weeks of her dance class and preschool, leaving me no time without her to get important errands done.

I'll keep you guys posted on those events and some others soon!

Enjoy some pics from our trip to FL.  I took Mimi to an environmental festival at a state park while I was in the panhandle of FL. There were touch tanks, fish painting and shirt making, scavenger hunts, and more! She had so much fun.










1 comment:

Sascha und Karin said...

Yay you are back! I love the pics, Mimi is so so cute:-)