Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick Blog Entry :-)

So I finally got my ass out of bed before 6:30 am today. This was something I've been trying to make myself do so we can get to daycare/work ontime. On Tue and Wed Mimi goes to my friends daycare. We can drop her off as early as 7:30am, but we never make it anywhere close to that!!! lol. We usually roll out of the house between 8:30 and 9am, but we keep meaning to leave by 8am. Does anyone else feel that trying to get out of the house for the day with the baby is crazy? You have to pack the daycare bag (which I do the night before), pack our stuff, pack the pump, pack our lunches, get ready, nurse the baby (twice, once at 6, once at 8), feed the dog, blah blah blah. I think we failed at this timely departure thing the last two weeks because it was freezing cold in the mornings and we couldn't make ourselves crawl out of her warm down comforter bed. So today is a new day! I WILL be ready and put together today.

In other news. I'm STILL ON F'ING crutches for 1 1/2 more weeks. This is getting really F'ing old. I have not been able to drive or function by myself for so long. I have totally taken the ability to walk for granted! I'm looking forward to being able just to walk around the house and function. I won't be able to exercise walk for awhile (probably a few more weeks), but I'm excited all the same. I had lost 4 lbs between the surgery and now but gained back 2 :-( So I'm still under the surgery weight, and 8lbs below pre-preggo weight but depressing to me all the same. I watch Court's vlogs and think, wow in another month I can take the baby for a walk. I have been trying to be really good on the food side of things to avoid weight gain in my time of non-walking. It's hard though because I still need about 2000 calories a day to adequately produce food for little Mimi.

Speaking of the breastfeeding--My pump is going nuts on me. It's stopping off and on when I pump. What to do? I NEED my pump, When I'm at work all day I pump 4 or 5 times, when I'm home I use my pump once or twice a day as well. My husband understands that if I need a new pump it would be hefty investment (279$$$), but that we've already saved that much not buying formula. We plan to have more kids, so I think it's good investment. The pump I have now I bought used and replaced all the parts (tubing, bottels, etc) with new ones. Which I got this one (pump in style original) for 20 dollars, so I'm not dissappointed at all. I use my pump multiple times daily since Mimi was born. I know I know, you think I'm weird because I bought a used pump. Well I don't think I'm weird. I think that it's a vaccuum pump, and the parts that matter are the tubing and the ones that touch my body, and those were all new. I think though this time around I will be purchasing a brand new one so I will have a warranty. If the new breaks, i get a new one as a replacement. I think I'm going to stick with medela and get the pump in style advanced pump. The Freestyle is way too expensive (over 300).

Well I'm off to make some soft-boiled eggs and toast and espressos for the husband and me. What? I'm an evil mom because I breastfeed AND drink coffee!? No, I have one espresso and drink water the rest of the day, evil would be how I would act if I didn't have some coffee.

No comments: