Sunday, May 17, 2009

We Have a Crib!



Hey everyone,

Hopefully everyone is doing well. Yesterday I picked up the crib from the lady I babysit for. She worked for potterybarn and william and sonoma when she was pregnant for her daughter a few years ago and had purchased all here baby furniture from potterybarn kids. She had saved the crib after he daughter outgrew it and decided to give it to me as a gift. I'm really thrilled. It's a $700 dollar crib! I don't care if it's used either, for one it's made of wood and there a clean nice family. I feel so lucky to be acquainted with such giving people. This really helps F and I out with getting our nursery together. I know our friends and parents will want to buy some things, but I never expected them to buy us expensive furniture or anything. I want to put it together now because i'm so excited but I am going to wait until my Mom is here in two weeks and we get the nursery painted and cleaned. I also have to buy a mattress. I'll wait until after my shower to by anything.

Today I walked 3.3 miles with Grace, boy was it HOT! Holy cow, I made it the entire way though. I had to stop a few times to take a drink in the shade and catch my breath. I hope to be able to run again after I have the baby. I miss the runners high! I have kept off 3 of the 4 lbs I lost this week, so i'm still at about 17 or 18 lbs gained so far. Not bad for almost 31 weeks! I have an appointment this Wednesday to see the midwives, hopefully they will say "good job on not packing on the lbs!" Everything else feels great! F and I are getting really excited, we only have 2 months left!

I'm really enjoying my prenatal yoga and swim classes. I've met some really nice ladies with some really helpful information on pediatricians, insurance, etc. I don't know if I can stomach another prepared childbirth class (see previous post about that), but we paid for it, so we might as well go. I'll post later.

No comments: