Monday, June 6, 2011

Money

Today I was in our local supermarket buying some brownrice sushi and unsweet tea for lunch and this middle aged guy was in front of me buying bread, milk, and fried chicken.  He handed the cashier 4 rolls of pennies with his bills and said "Man am I happy payday is coming, sorry for the change."  He seemed embarressed.  I looked at him with a big smile and said "I've totally been there.  You shouldn't feel bad at all! Money is money!" and the cashier smiled and said the same thing to him.  We all smiled and told each other to have a good day.  I wanted to run after the guy and just give him a hug and tell him he doesn't need to apoligize or feel bad for anything!  It was weird, sometimes I just have these days where I am reminded to be humble.  To remember that I am blessed for being healthy, having a roof over my head, food on my table, and for my healthy loving family. 

Sometimes we get wrapped up in money and material possessions.  We've all been there. We're all human.  Sometimes I get really embarressed of my car.  It's this little mazda with a missing hub cap and it's 12 years old.  Then I remember that I don't have a car payment, and the AC works and it's a fine car.  I should be thankful to have a car.

Over the last year I've really tried to refucus my priortities in life.  I'm trying to give where I can and be thankful everday for what I have. 

Lately I ponder the fact that I'm unemployed and NOT broke and I feel blessed.  I thank my husband everday for working hard and giving our family this life.  I thank the higher powers for my blessings.  I look at Mimi's healthy fat little face smiling at me from the back of my ol' Mazda, and I'm so content with life right now. 

Today I'm feeling especially blessed because WE RENTED OUR HOUSE!!!  This adorable couple expecting a baby in December will be moving into our home July 1 and making it their new home.  I feel kind of warm and fuzzy about it actually.  Some little family will take our home and make it theirs for their new little family.  I hope that they enjoy the house as much as we have these last 4 years.  Now I have to get back to work on the ol' disseratation!  Sorry for no photos today, haven't taken ANY recently. Which is not like me!  Just been so busy getting the house ready to rent out.

No comments: